Things We Saw Today: The First Poster for Catching Fire
Things We Saw Today
The Catching Fire poster is actually one of those newfangled “motion posters” which is basically a gif that won’t stop playing sound at you, so we’re putting it behind the jump. Yes, it comes with a mute button.
- Stephanie Brown has won DC Women Kicking Ass’ annual Kick Ass Woman tournament by fan voting. Too bad she’s not in comics at the moment.
- Kevin Clash has resigned as puppeteer for Sesame Street‘s Elmo. (The New York Times)
Okay, here’s the Hunger Games sequel poster. The mute button is on the bottom right.
- Animator Lindsay Small has been working on a project for the Gina Davis Institute on Gender and Media and you should definitely give it a watch. (Tumblr)
- The Daily Dot interviews Colleen Lachowicz, the World of Warcraft playing state senator from Maine.
Here’s a Kickstarter to make cookware with sword handles. What more do you want from me? (Boing Boing)
- Here’s a newly posthumously published short story from Ray Bradbury, “Dear Santa.” (Tor)
- Guys, Zacharay Quinto is not quitting the Star Trek franchise. (Blastr)
This is probably the best Han Solo in carbonite cake I’ve seen. (Between the Pages)