Things We Saw Today: Thanos Also Killed Half of All the Animals
Still think that Thanos did nothing wrong? Why do you hate puppies and kittens?
It’s been a subject for debate, if you’re an Avengers nerd like me, as to whether Thanos’ Infinity War Gauntlet snap swept up the family pets (and Bucky’s goats in Wakanda) in its genocidal tide. According to Marvel Studios co-president Kevin Feige, this was indeed the case.
As CBR points out, writer Russ Fischer recently asked Feige to clarify the point:
“I do need to confirm something about the outcome of Infinity War,” [Fischer] said, “and apologies if you’ve addressed this – the end of Ant-Man and The Wasp led to conversations. Are half the animals dead? Are half of the horses gone? Half of the ants?”
“Yes!” replied Feige. “Yes. All life.”
We’ve already discussed at length how junk-y Thanos’ theories about sustainability are. But can we unpack how he presumes to free up so many resources to feed galactic populations when half of their livestock vanishes alongside farmers and laborers who operate the means to production? It’s almost like he didn’t think this all the way through.
Anyway, I can’t wait for some heartwarming scenes of children clutching their returned puppies at the end of Avengers 4 and Bucky getting to hang out with his goats again. Dude could use a rest.
the moment Bucky asked “where’s the fight?” my heart broke into pieces. he looks so disappointed and defeated. all he ever known his whole life was war, death and destruction, give this man a break. #buckybarnes #wintersoldier pic.twitter.com/S2aKYs3G5l
— mary 🌻 (@scarletwbitch) May 11, 2018
(via CBR, image: Marvel Studios/Tessa Thompson on Twitter)
- Bitch Media talks about queering virginity.
- Den of Geek has some picks for your July science fiction reads.
- Our pals over at The Portalist want to give you the chance to win $200 to spend on Amazon Prime Day, which is Monday, July 16th this year.
- THR reports that Ava DuVernay’s Central Park Five, a four-part Netflix limited series on the infamous case, will star Michael K. Williams, John Leguizamo, and Vera Farmiga.
- Actor Tab Hunter, the subject of a proposed movie about hidden gay Hollywood from J.J. Abrams and Zachary Quinto, has passed away at the age of 86.
- Jezebel covers a group of angry protestors who followed low-rent Spider-Man villain Mitch McConnell (a.k.a. “The Turtle”) through a parking lot. It was me. I am all of those angry protestors following Mitch McConnell.
What’d you see today, my dearest Mary Suevians?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]