Things We Saw Today: Nike Reveals Their Ultra-Inspiring Colin Kaepernick Commercial
Earlier this week, Nike unveiled an ad featuring Colin Kaepernick that sent conservatives into a sock-destroying frenzy. Now, they’ve revealed a commercial featuring and narrated by Kaepernick, set to air during tonight’s NFL season opener.
The commercial celebrates Kaepernick and other athletes who defy expectations and follow their “crazy dreams.” It’s incredibly moving and I can’t wait to see what sort of merch it drives people–people who refuse to accept that NFL players kneeling has nothing to do with the troops and everything to do with institutional injustice and the systemic murdering of Black people–to destroy.
- Details are starting to trickle out for that Veronica Mars revival. (via TVLine)
- GIVE ME THIS MOVIE PLEASE.
Film pitch.. Trump drugged and moved to a replica Whitehouse, where he carries on thinking he’s governing. Millions spent on hiring actors to play his staff, Senators, news anchors, people at rallies.
There you go. Studios, your highest bid please.
— Armando Iannucci (@Aiannucci) September 5, 2018
- Watch the powerful trailer for Netflix’s documentary on the history and current status of abortion in America, Reversing Roe. (via YouTube)
- I want every single item in Her Universe’s new Shadow of the Tomb Raider collection. (via SyFyWire)
- The trailer for the new Rebel Galaxy Outlaw game looks AMAZING. (via YouTube)
It’s almost Friday!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com