Things We Saw Today: There’s Nothing More Metal Than Stopping Your Concert to Shame A Groper
— NPO 3FM (@3FM) August 18, 2017
A British metal band, Architects, were performing in the Netherlands when lead singer Sam Carter noticed one of the attendees groping a woman who was crowd-surfing.
“I saw a girl, a woman, crowdsurfing over here,” Carter said, “and I’m not gonna fucking point the piece of shit out that did it, but I saw you fucking grab at her boob. It is fucking disgusting and there is no fucking place for that shit.”
“It is not your fucking body,” he shouted. “It is not your fucking body and you do not fucking grab at someone. Not at my fucking show. So if you feel like doing that again, walk out there and fuck off and don’t come back.”
Personally, I’d have thrown the creeper out immediately, so this isn’t my ideal response, but I’m still glad Carter called him out and set expectations for any would-be assaulters in the rest of the crowd. Crowdsurfing is often unsafe for women, and it’s important for men to shame and condemn anyone who uses it as an excuse for assault.
Carter finished his rant by calling for attendees to “make this a safe place for everybody,” because – hate to break it to you, Nazis – there’s nothing more metal than creating a safe space. (via Huffington Post)
- The Joker’s real name is now canonically Jack Napier – at least in the pages of Batman: White Knight, which takes place in an alternate DC universe where Batman became Gotham’s worst villain and the Joker has to stop him. Though the name first appeared in Tim Burton’s Batman movie, it will now be official in at least one of the comics universes. (via io9)
- The forthcoming board game Monster Slaughter will let you play as the horror-movie monster who kills everyone. Choose those victims wisely. (via Kotaku)
- Sonny Landham, who played Billy Sole in Predator, has passed away at the age of 78 (via SYFYWire)
- Batman and Harley Quinn is apparently THE WORST. Curse you, DC animated movies.
- Oooh, check out these pretty character posters for The Gifted, Fox’s upcoming mutants TV show!
- Are you going to be in Austin on September 14? You can watch Evil Dead II in the woods with Bruce Campbell. (via Nerdist)
(Featured image via screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org