Things We Saw Today: LEGO Iron Giant
Things We Saw Today
- Will and Kate’s royal progeny has been given a name: Indiana Spock Aragorn. Naw, just kidding, it’s George Alexander Louis. I like my version better, though. (The Frisky)
- In order to keep his surprise in-character appearance at Comic-Con a secret, Tom Hiddleston spent the whole plane ride from London to California in a Jango Fett costume. Why Jango Fett? “I’m 6 foot 2. It was the only one that fit in the costume shop. They were sold out of Stormtroopers.” (Tor.com)
- Vulture has compiled a supercut of Hugh Jackman screaming as the Wolverine. Stay to the end. Trust me, it’s worth it.
The above cosplayers were seen at Comikaze Expo, the 2013 version of which isn’t until this November, so though the pic just went up on the con’s Facebook today it could conceivably be years old. I don’t care. It’s Velma and Cyclops both looking for their glasses. I’m not going to not share that with you.
- Lynda Carter said the following to Us Magazine on her Wonder Woman costume: “I never meant to be a sexual object for anyone but my husband. I never thought a picture of my body would be tacked up in men’s bathrooms. I hate men looking at me and thinking what they think. And I know what they think. They write and tell me.” That just makes me sad. (The Huffington Post)
- After San Diego Comic-Con, Continuing The Conversation About Women’s Place In Geekdom (Alyssa Rosenberg at ThinkProgress)
- Jake Gyllenhaal has dropped out of playing Rapunzel’s singing Prince in Into the Woods (you know, the movie where Meryl Streep is playing a singing witch). Replacing him is relative newcomer Billy Magnussen (The East, Damsels in Distress). (Deadline)
Kazuki Yamamoto of Cafe10g in Osaka made this brain-bending Dalí-inspired latte art. (That’s Nerdalicious)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]