Today’s Google Doodle honors the 131st anniversary of the invention of the hole punch. It seemed to me a bit of a silly thing to celebrate, but upon further investigation, that is a seriously undervalued device with roots in Rennaisance engineering. (via Inverse)
Plus, just look how happy that little paper is to meet that hole puncher. Adorable!
- Remember the woman who was fired for flipping off Trump’s motorcade? The internet stepped up and raised a whole lot of money for her severance. (via HuffPost)
- In things that surprise no one, Rep. Jackie Speier says there are two known sexual harassers currently serving in the House of Representatives. Actually, you know what? That is surprising. Two seems awfully low. (via Mic)
- These former rival hockey captains–one from the U.S., one from Canada–just had a baby and now my heart feels all squishy. (via The Guardian)
- The screenwriter of IT will be giving us 90s nightmares with a “darker, scarier” adaptation of Are You Afraid of the Dark? (via Vulture)
- This quadruped robot is terrifying and I also want it for my new pet, please. (via Geekologie)
Our hearts are with the victims of the shooting in Northern California today, and our fingers are dialing our representatives’ phone numbers, demanding gun control reform.
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org