Things We Saw Today: Facebook-Flavored Ice Cream
Things We Saw Today
You won’t be able to partake in this social network-themed treat unless you’re on Croatia’s Murter Island, where the not-sanctioned-by-Facebook confection can be found exclusively in brothers Admir and Ibi Adili‘s ice cream shop. It’s pretty much just plain ice cream with a blue syrup that tastes like “chewing gum and candy” drizzled on top. So it’s geared towards kids and looks neat at first but ultimately doesn’t have much to it. Fitting. (That’s Nerdalicious)
- George Zimmerman In Custody After Pulling Gun On Estranged Wife. Am I disgusted? Angry? Yes. Surprised? Not so much. (The Frisky)
- ComicBook.com tells us that there’s a new ongoing Black Widow comic series coming soon.
Wonder Woman, meet Wonder Woman. (seen at Dragon*Con, via Fashionably Geek)
- Digital Spy reports that Cynthia Nixon has joined season two of Hannibal. She’ll be playing Kade Prurnell, an FBI Oversight employee assigned to investigate Jack’s (Lawrence Fishburne) role in what went down with Will (Hugh Dancy) in season one. Kade, listen to me very carefully: Do not eat any food that Dr. Lecter gives you.
- The 2013 Harvey Awards were presented this weekend, and Saga won in a big way, snagging awards for Best Writer, Artist, Colorist, New Series, Continuing or Limited Series, and Single Issue or Story. Other awards went to Marvel’s Hawkeye series (Best Cover Artist for David Aja), Jaime Hernandez of Love and Rockets (Best Cartoonist), and Ryan North‘s Adventure Time series (Best Original Graphic Publication for Younger Readers, Special Award for Humor in Comics). (Digital Spy)
- Via MTV, Marvel has released a synopsis for the first episode of Agents of SHIELD:
In the premiere episode, “Pilot,” it’s just after the battle of New York, and now that the existence of super heroes and aliens has become public knowledge, the world is trying to come to grips with this new reality. Agent Phil Coulson is back in action and has his eye on a mysterious group called the Rising Tide. In order to track this unseen, unknown enemy, he has assembled a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division). The group’s first assignment together as a team finds them trying to track down an ordinary man who has gained extraordinary powers. Powers that could have devastating consequences.
Soooo… pretty much what we already knew. 15 days and counting ’til the September 24th premiere!