Things We Saw Today: Eating Breakfast While Riding Splash Mountain
Things We Saw Today
I know a lot of Disney regulars who make it a point to act out a certain scenario when the photo point approaches but I can honestly say I’ve never seen this one done before. (via That’s Nerdalicious) Read on to see what else we found on the old interwebs today…
- Would you like to see what a sandcastle replica of London looks like? Head on over to The Frisky!
- We recently showed you the Katniss Barbie, well our sister site Stylite speaks with Chris Benz about his “I Can Be President” Barbie.
- Disney officially set a date for the Angelina Jolie-driven Maleficent film – March 14, 2014. OH GOD IT’S SO FAR AWAY! (via SciFi Mania)
Chicks Dig Comics is in stores today from Mad Norwegian Press (the folks who brought us Whedonistas and Chicks Dig Time Lords). Full disclosure: I’m one of the contributors! Editors Lynne M. Thomas and Sigrid Ellis put together a wonderful group of ladies to talk about their love of comics, their characters, and more. You’ll find essays from Gail Simone and Jill Thompson plus interviews with Amanda Conner and Greg Rucka plus lots, lots more.
- In other comics news, DC will be reissuing an all-ages Wonder Woman book this July (via DC Women Kicking Ass)
- Becky Cloonan illustrates Bram Stoker’s Dracula. We “ooh” and “ahh!” (via Becky Cloonan’s blog)
- Remember when you heard employers might start asking for your Facebook password in order for you to get or keep your job? The state of Maryland is SOOOO not having that. They’ve officially banned the practice. (via Gizmodo)
- Rachael Berkey over at Hello Giggles writes a nice post about book reviews titled, “You Mean You Won’t Pay Me To Read?”
- The Morbid Atlantic Library had a fire recently which led to some severe water damage. Information on how to help them out is on their website.
- Joss Whedon spoke with USA Today’s Pop Candy recently. Whitney Matheson asked, “In a fight between Buffy and Black Widow, who do you think would win?” Here’s his answer.
Buffy would go easy at first, but as soon as Natasha popped her with a Widow Sting, she’d start bringing some slayer brawn to the fray. Natasha’s fast, but a couple of good connects and she’s wobbling, possibly something broken — she whips out her glock and now Buffy’s dodging — right where Natasha wants her. Natasha shoots the cable holding the steel barrels and they tumble onto Buffy, nearly burying her — Buffy just arcs out of the way, grabbing the splintered cable and swinging directly onto Natasha, a bullet grazing her cheek as her feet land hard on the Russian’s shoulders, sending her back flat — crack! — on the floor, Buffy wrenching the gun away and tossing it, fist ready for the final strike. Natasha, struggling to stay conscious, says the fight’s over. Buffy agrees, but Natasha explains: She poisoned Buffy hours ago. That waitress that brought her salad …? Natasha smiles. The poison is dormant — ’til it’s activated by adrenaline. Buffy’s eyes narrow. “Too bad I didn’t use any.” Wham! Natasha’s out for the count, and Buffy’s heading — slowly — to Willow for a mystical cleanse.
That’d be my first guess.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]