Things We Saw Today: Drake Has a Zero-Tolerance Policy for Sexual Assault While He’s Performing
Heads up, if you’re planning to use the cool, sexy vibe of a Drake show to sidle up to women and touch them without their consent, that is 100% unacceptable, and Drake agrees. In the video above, shot during an after-party event in Sydney, Australia, Drake stops mid-rap to call out a man in the crowd. He shuts down the music, points directly at the guy and tells him, “If you don’t stop touching girls, I’m gonna come out there and f*ck you up.” As if that weren’t satisfying enough, the crowd’s response is overwhelming. Take heed, pervs and skeevs, your non-consensual shit will not be tolerated any longer. (via Buzzfeed)
- Those things that freak you out? They freak all of us out. Here are the things millennials talk about most in therapy. (via HuffPost)
- Today in Terrible Men, The Old Vic theatre has logged 20 complaints against Kevin Spacey (via Variety) and 25 actresses and female staffers from The Royals have joined those from One Tree Hill in calling out showrunner Mark Schwahn for sexual harassment. (via TV Line)
- It sure would be awesome if we lived in a world where people respected others’ autonomy and weren’t so shocked by diverse bodies. Unfortunately, we live in this world, and this game is beautiful.
- The Keystone Pipeline leaked 210,000 gallons of oil spill in North Dakota today. If only anyone, anyone at all–like maybe any of the thousands of protesters begging Congress not to okay this pipeline–could have foreseen this. (via CNN)
- So are we all just going to abandon this planet or what? Cause Ross 128 b might be a contender. (via The Verge)
- The emo rapper known as Lil Peep passed away yesterday. I wasn’t familiar with his music, but this is a great look at why he was so influential and so important at this specific moment in time. (via Newsweek)
What did you all see out there today?
(image: screencap, Instagram)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org