Things We Saw Today: Catwoman #0 Gets a New Cover
Things We Saw Today
After the intense backlash against the bundle of limbs presented in the solicit for Catwoman #0 in June, I’m only a tiny bit surprised that DC had the cover redrawn by another artist (Adriana Melo) before print. Her torso still kinda snaps in half at the ribcage, but she has a neck, and I can clearly see how all her limbs are attached to her body. The fact that Selina has also remembered how zippers work is icing. (Bleeding Cool)
- Listen up kids: we know mutual geeklove is a powerful thing. But don’t let it convince you to drive 700 miles in your parents car to meet your XBox live boyfriend in your parents car without telling anyone. (The Frisky)
- Here’s the first trailer for The Girl, the story of Tippi Hedren and the campaign of psychological torture Alfred Hitchcock put her through when she refused to sleep with him while making The Birds. (The Jane Dough)
Christian Bale flew the family of four-year old leukemia Jayden Barber out to LA for lunch at Disney Land, so he could meet Batman. The tissues are right over there. (The Hollywood Reporter)
- io9 covers some of the great harassment debates that have rocked the sci-fi and skeptic community in the past few months.
- Business Insider covers 15 celebrities who you might not know game, and half of them are women.
- Tomorrow Jones is a comic about a female superhero just starting out… and it looks pretty interesting.
- And speaking of just starting out (well, not really), here’s the first installment of Elfquest‘s new story on Boing Boing.
If you turn this set photo from The Wolverine upside down and twist your head around, does that look like the logo for The Jean Grey School for Higher Learning? And does that mean we’re getting the JGSfHL in The Wolverine?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]