According to Comic Book Resources, the accompanying text for this Twin Peaks teaser reads “Shooting starts in September. The donut truck is loaded late August. A coffee cup will indeed come through a window.” What does it all mean???
- According to a new Facebook study, only the truly elderly still say “LOL.” If you want to act like one of the youths, “haha” is now the appropriate mirth-signifier. (via HopesandFears)
- Tickets are now available for MECCAcon 2015! The Detroit con was created to highlight diversity and serve as a reminder to young children that not all superheroes look the same or have the same experiences.
- Over at Boing Boing, Juliet Kahn talks about the ways women and girls are taught to unlearn a love of video games.
- Penny Dreadful creator John Logan is adapting Patti Smith’s awesome memoir Just Kids into a TV show! (via Deadline)
- Their orders came from the moon: a Destiny producer says replacing Dinklage in the game was due to “Hollywood nonsense.” (via Polygon)
That’s what we saw today. What about you?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]