Things We Saw Today: An Iron Throne Cake
Things We Saw Today
Many of you are gearing up for your Game of Thrones Season 2 finale parties tomorrow night but I doubt many of you can say you have an Iron Throne cake to dine on. Twitter user Mitchell Brown’s sister made this one for him. Let’s hope he doesn’t chip a tooth.
- There’s a website that uses an algorithm to find you the perfect bra. The people who created it used to work at Microsoft. Interesting career change. (via The Frisky)
- Some very sad news to report. Actress Kathryn Joosten, who played Mrs. Landingham on The West Wing, Mrs. McKlusky on Desperate Housewives, and more, has passed away at the age of 72. She was one tough lady and we will miss her dearly. (via TV Line)
A beautiful illustration of Aya, the artificial intelligence program from Green Lantern: The Animated Series from Mike Maihack. Really digging that show, btw.
- Speaking of Green Lantern, Josh Flanagan over at iFanboy wrote a really good piece about the very difficult position comic companies are put in when they try to diversify their books.
- I shared this on our Twitter feed but definitely wanted to share it here in case you missed it. It seems the hate group One Million Moms has disappeared off Facebook after receiving positive comments on their “Green Lantern is gay” warning post. (via Robot 6)
The group Irish Moutarde does a Celtic Rock version of George R.R. Martin’s “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” song.
- Finally today, do yourself a favor and read this tremendously adorable exchange between a barista, a mom, and a little boy dressed as Batman.