Things We Saw Today: Disney’s Ariel As The 4th Doctor
Things We Saw Today
The Doctor finally gets to be a ginger in this Little Mermaid/Doctor Who mash-up. Artist Lar deSouza even made Flounder into K-9 but made sure to put a stipulation on his tumblr post, “Don’t get excited for a series though. I’m exhausted just by the thought of doing a dozen more Princess Who’s!” Pretty please! With sugar on top! I’ve already done one FemmeDoctor cosplay group, I would totally do another in this vein. (via Ashley Hay)
- Singer Donna Summer has passed away at the age of 63, losing her battle with cancer. The Frisky has more.
- Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, is teasing us all about something very important. A fan on twitter said, “I could see Rock playing in DC movies. Gravedigger or John Stewart (JL’s Green Lantern).” To which Johnson replied, “Funny U say that.” Now, I have long held the belief that Johnson would make an epic Black Adam and while his reply was completely non-specific, I will now believe that is what’s happening. That being said, it was recently announced that DC/Warner is moving forward with a Lobo film…the director of that film? Brad Peyton, who directed Johnson in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. I doubt this is a coincidence. (via Blastr)
Speaking of DC properties, here’s our first look at the new Green Arrow in action via Blastr. You can also see the real action (and a clip from the CW’s another new show, Beauty and the Beast) in this first teaser trailer on Collider.
- Earlier today we showed you the first footage from the new CBS’ Sherlock series Elementary starring Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui. You told us what you thought of it, now here’s what the BBC’s Sherlock and Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat had to say about it. “What we did with our Sherlock was just take it from Victorian times into modern day,” he said. “They’ve [Elementary] got three big changes: it’s Sherlock Holmes in America, it’s Sherlock Holmes updated and it’s Sherlock Holmes with a female Watson. I wonder if he’s Sherlock Holmes in any sense other than he’s called Sherlock Holmes. It’s almost like they should have made Watson a woman but kept the show in Victorian times. Actually … that would actually be quite interesting.” YES, STEVEN MOFFAT THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING. (via Blastr)
- TBS has purchased a minority stake in Funny Or Die. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
With the Olympics starting up soon, it’s nice to see they’ve adapted their logo to fit their new overlords in. (SevenHundred on RedBubble)
- While we’re on the Olympics, are you ready to have a fan freak out? According to Tor, we’re going to get a Doctor Who mini-episode on May 24th. And it will be Olympic themed. In my head, they are required to at least utilize David Tennant’s image from his 2012 Olympic episode. It’s only right.
- Researchers at Virginia Tech created an interactive, 3D printing vending machine, and grad student Amy Elliot tells us all about it in this video.
And now, prepare to have your mind blown. As if learning Game of Thrones actor Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) was singer Lilly Allen’s brother wasn’t enough, I just learned today that Jack Gleeson, who plays Joffrey on the show, was in Batman Begins!! (via The Keyboard Hero) But the best part is that besides getting to keep one of Batman’s technologically advanced gadgets (smooth move, Bats), this also happened to him in the film…
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]