- San Franciscans: As part of Pride Month, your city’s Cartoon Art Museum is hosting the first annual Queer Comics Expo on June 8th. The Beat has more information.
- They did The Sound of Music. They’re doing Peter Pan. Now NBC is staging a live television version of The Music Man. NBC, I am all with you if you decide to do a version of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella with Brandy as the Fairy Godmother, but other than that, no. (The Hollywood Reporter)
io9 has another pic of the CW’s upcoming Vertigo adaptation iZombie, plus an official synopsis. Braaaaaains.
- Harvard’s Government School Orientation Will Now Have A “Check Your Privilege” Session (The Frisky)
- And speaking of higher education, U.S. News & World Report, a trusted resource for the incoming college crowd, was asked by twelve Congressional representatives whether they might want to include sexual assault data in their school write-ups, ‘cause whether a college is rape central is a pretty good thing to know if you’re thinking of going there, you know? The publication declined on the grounds that the Education Department data provided to them is “not usable to measure campus safety among colleges.” Also, the reporting of campus assault is “sketchy,” which… yeah. Many sexual assaults go unreported or uninvestigated, especially on college campuses. That’s part of the problem, not a reason to downplay it. They will, however, include sexual assault data on their website. (HyperVocal)
- The Avengers Assemble to Grant One Man’s Dying Wish. No, it’s OK, I just have something in my eye… (Movies.com)
Vulture has new character posters from Orange is the New Black, or, as we mistakenly call it around the office, Orphan Black or Orange is the New Orphan Black. It’s inevitable.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]