Things We Saw Today: Turn Your Kindle into The Neverending Story
Things We Saw Today
Best Kindle cover ever. None others come close. Etsy seller GeekifyInc has also made tablet covers that resemble H.P. Lovecraft‘s The Necronomicon, the Red Book of Westmarch from the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, and To Serve Man from The Twilight Zone. (/Film)
- Hallelujah, it’s the weekend. Have seven pictures of a grumpy otter being awoken from a nap. Then, if you want, go take a nap. Thanks, The Frisky.
- GeekDad wishes a happy 82nd birthday to William Shatner. Happy… birthday… Bill.
- It looks like Warner Bros. has all but triumphed in the epic, years-long battle over who owns the rights to Superman. More info over at The Hollywood Reporter.
So. This Neil deGrasse Tyson candle is a thing that exists. (io9)
- Comics writers Marjorie Liu and Becky Cloonan have a chat about women in comics over at Comic Book Resources.
- In the wake of Lynne Ramsay‘s much-talked-about absence from the set on the first day of Jane Got a Gun, which she was going to direct, Calum Marsh at Film.com writes an excellent essay on Why We Need to Talk About How We Talk About Female Directors. (via Women in Hollywood)
- Twitch gives us the heads-up on streaming panels from this weekend’s PAX East. And nudge nudge, our own Susana Polo is a panelist on Sunday afternoon’s “You Game Like A Girl: Tales of Trolls & White Knights.” So, y’know. You should watch that. If you want.
This is apparently a few months old, but I just saw it and couldn’t resist throwing it in here. Best Firefly cosplay or best Firefly cosplay? (blastr)