Things We Saw Today: Bubbles, Blossom, and Buttercup as Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley
Things We Saw Today
- 80-year-old Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg can do, in the words of the personal trainer she sees twice a week, 20 “old-fashioned, knees-off-the-ground push-ups.” Wow. I can’t do 20 knees-on-the-ground push-ups. You go, Justice Ginsburg. (The Frisky)
- Chris O’Dowd, who’s been in Bridesmaids and Girls but will always be Roy from The IT Crowd to me, will have a cameo in Thor: The Dark World. Have you tried turning the Bifröst off and on again? (/Film)
Logan is looking a bit worse for wear in this new The Wolverine promo pic. Hey, bub. You’ve got some red on you. (Digital Spy)
- Remember how yesterday we said George R.R. Martin will have a cameo in season three of Game of Thrones? Our bad. From the mouth of GRRM: “If we do it, it would be [in] season four.” (Wired)
- Go forth and read “How to Win Friends and Influence Bicycles,” the sixth part of “Iris Ophelia‘s ongoing effort to simulate Downton Abbey in The Sims 3.” Mary, I don’t think a career as a Sing-a-Gram is right for you.
- Wired reports that scientists at NTT Basic Research Laboratories in Japan have managed to make lasers out of sound. Phasers. Scientists have invented the phaser.
Rider Strong and Will Friedle dropped by the set of Girl Meets World and posed for a photo with stars Rowan Blanchard (who plays Cory and Topanga’s daughter) and Sabrina Carpenter. Executive producer Michael Jabocs says “there’s a strong chance” that Strong and Friedle will join the show if it makes it past the pilot stage. Don’t mind me, I just have a speck of ’90s in my eye. (PopWatch)
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]