Things We Saw Today: League of Extraordinary British Characters
Things We Saw Today
Comic artist Dean Trippe has cobbled together a brand-new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen featuring some of the best British characters out there today, “A Copper on the Edge, the Boy Who Lived, a Misfit from the Future, a Madman with a Box, the Consulting Detective, and a Ghost Roommate. A print is available on Etsy. Hit the jump for more stuff we saw today!
- ComicsAlliance has some more background information on those superheroine breast cancer PSAs we brought to you yesterday.
- The producers of The Hunger Games film came up with the best marketing plan. They’ve created a puzzle scavenger hunt for a new poster. Hero Complex has one piece out of 100. When a fan finally finds them all it will be revealed on The Hunger Games facebook page.
You remember how Nicholas Cage was going to play Superman in the 90s? Well the film, set to be directed by Tim Burton, even got to the toy stage. This is a look at some of the concept art from Hasbro. (via Blastr)
- Sad comic book-related news today, Joe Simon has passed away at the age of 98. Simon created iconic characters such as Captain America, The Sandman, The Newsboy Legion and more. (via The Beat)
- Do single-sex classrooms really promote better learning? Ms. Blog discusses.
St. Matthews-in-the-City Church in Auckland, New Zealand has just purchased a billboard called, “Mary In The Pink,” which depicts the religious figure with a pregnancy test. Yahoo reports, “Vicar Glynn Cardy said that this year St. Matthews wanted to focus on what it was like for a real mother with a real child. ‘It’s about a real pregnancy, a real mother and a real child. It’s about real anxiety, courage and hope.'” (via Yahoo)
- Dragon Age is going anime. Check out the teaser poster and trailer. Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker is the U.S. title.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]