Things We Saw Today: Weird Preview Trailers For Snickers’ Live Super Bowl Commercials Starring Adam Driver
I’m sure that some of you are actual sports fans that actually care about…sport…ball? However, I’m just as sure that many of you are like me: advertising nerds that only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, which are the best of the year. This year, Snickers is doing the first ever live commercial at the Super Bowl, starring Adam Driver and, according to the above trailer, “other LESS famous actors.” IndieWire has a full series of preview ads like this featuring stunt horses, dead cowboys, and an Adam Driver cardboard cutout. Because he doesn’t rehearse. He just shows up and delivers.
- We are now officially 30 seconds closer to global annihilation, according to the official Doomsday Clock. (via Live Science)
- If you’re trying to keep track of all of Trump’s daily shenanigans, Slate has been really good at keeping up and keeping lists.
- Check it out! Iceman finally had his first gay kiss in X-Men #17! (via Pink News)
Riverdale premieres on The CW tonight! Check out this clip in which Kevin advises Betty to “take that ginger bull by the horns!” Yup. I can’t wait either. (via Coming Soon)
- ABC has given a pilot order to a new comedy from Hamilton‘s Daveed Diggs. The untitled show is about “a struggling rapper who runs for mayor of a city in order to promote his music, and ends up winning, and slowly transforms City Hall.” Diggs will be Executive Producing, not starring, though he may appear should it goes to series. (via Shadow and Act)
- Sadly, a new study shows that girls internalize and believe the idea that girls aren’t really smart as early as 5 years old. (via NPR)
- 29-year-old supermodel Hanne Gaby Odiele just came out as intersex! (via Buzzfeed)
That’s all we’ve got. What have you seen today?
(featured image via screencap)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]