Things We Saw Today: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Lin-Manuel Miranda Kindly Ask You Not to Text During a Movie
Just don't do it.
I know, movie PSA’s are tedious but I promise you this one is great! Moana’s Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Lin-Manuel Miranda teamed up in a short video for the Alamo Drafthouse about the perils of using one’s cell phone during a movie. As demonstrated in the video above, bad things will happen if you reach for that phone once the projector stars rolling. I don’t know about you, but my fear of letting either one of these wonderful human beings down compels me not to be that person in the theater. Just say no to texting while watching (a film in the theater).
- In Edge of Tomorrow 2 news, director Doug Liman says the film will “revolutionize how people make sequels.” I’m not sure how revolutionary this next one will be, but the first film was great. Plus, he worked on The Bourne Identity and that movie changed the way I saw Matt Damon. (via Slash Film)
- The burden of birth control seems to be loosening up for women. Scientists have created a shot for men but beware, it might make you sad. (via Inverse)
- Newt Gingrich’s word vomit on Fox News proves that a lot of men don’t understand what consent means when it comes to sex. Not to worry, Stephen Colbert is here to explain the difference between sex and sexual assault. (via Huffington Post)
- Remember the baby from Labyrinth? Here’s what he’s up to today. (via Vice)
- Amy Schumer has responded to the criticism of her “Formation” video, saying that she “did not mean to detract any of the meaning from the video” and that Lemonade is “one of the greatest pieces of art of our time.” (via BuzzFeed)
That’s it on our end! What did you all find?
(image via screencap)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]