Things We Saw Today: Ian McKellen Reads Roald Dahl Letters Reminding Us to Be Dinketysnipsy
This video of Ian McKellan reading two letters Roald Dahl wrote to a young girl having trouble with settling into school reminds us all to be imaginative Dinketysnipsy girls (and not sliggylumpfructious Veruca Salts). (via The Guardian)
- Will we be seeing a rainbow Pride emoji in the future? A formal proposal is in the works. Here’s hoping! (via The Daily Dot)
- Kirsten Dunst is directing an adaptation of Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar starring Dakota Fanning. (via Deadline)
- SomeBODY once told me Shrek 5 is set for a 2019 release date. (via Collider)
- Chris Hemsworth’s Kevin has a dance sequence in Ghostbusters set to The Bee Gees’ “You Should Be Dancing” that was cut for the credit scenes. Sources are saying the scene cost 7 figures(!!!), but Sony denies it. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Sources are saying that Ben Affleck’s solo Batman movie might take place in Arkham Asylum with “many, if not most, members of Batman’s rogue’s gallery [making] appearances.” (via Uproxx)
Oh my gosh guys, did you know that Paul Feig busted some amazing 1990 moves in Ski Patrol and he can still bust them now? Check out the full clip of the Ghostbusters director dancing on The Late Late Show in his trademark dapper suit here. May your day be as full of joy at that GIF.
Those are some of the things we saw today, what did you see?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org