Things We Saw Today: Behold, BABYMETAL
On last night’s Late Show With Steven Colbert, Japanese metal idol band BABYMETAL made their U.S. television debut with the song “Gimme Chocolate.” The band was promoting their brand-new album, “Metal Resistance.” (via Revelist)
- Netlfix’s Project Mc2 is getting two more seasons! The show, which we’ve praised for its depiction of girls embracing STEM studies, will return for Season 2 worldwide Friday, August 12th, and Season 3 in fall 2016. In partnership with the White House Council on Women and Girls, Netflix will also be working to develop online discovery kits encouraging girls’ interest in science, technology, engineering, arts, and and mathematics.
- Sonia Manzano, beloved for her work as Maria on Sesame Street, will receive the Emmy Award for Lifetime Achievement on May 1st. (via Deadline)
- San Francisco has become the first city in the United States to require fully paid parental leave. (via Jezebel)
- Preacher duo Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are working on bringing Garth Ennis’ The Boys to Cinemax. (via io9)
- No home would be complete without a life size (after-life size?) replica of Slimer. (via GeekAlerts)
StarWars.com has compiled a list of the 10 best moments in The Force Awakens! Do you agree with their selections?
That’s it for us! What did you see?
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—