Things We Saw Today: The Daily Show‘s Jessica Williams Inspired Whitesboro to Rethink Their Village Seal
The official village seal of a small town in upstate NY made headlines this week, due in part to an ongoing investigation by Jessica Williams of The Daily Show. Does The Daily Show count as an actual news show, now, since Williams is doing some pretty undeniable journalism in this clip? I guess it’s still a comedy show. But still! (via The Daily Dot)
- The new Suicide Squad trailer looks surprisingly good — but it’s a damn shame that they’ll be using Harley Quinn’s retconned “New 52” back-story. Donna Dickens explains in an essay at HitFix why that choice feels like such a big disappointment.
- Macklemore’s new song, “White Privilege II,” has inspired some compelling conversations today, such as Jamilah King’s comprehensive analysis at Mic and Michell C. Clark’s response at Artistic Manifesto.
- That’s the poster for BFG, the Steven Spielberg-helmed adaptation of the Roald Dahl story (via /Film).
- Women outnumber men in USC’s current game design graduate program, according to the LA Times.
- After 17 years, David Gaider is leaving Bioware:
Some news: I must sadly announce that, after 17 years, today is my last day at BioWare. I’ll miss my team, and wish everyone here the best.
— David Gaider (@davidgaider) January 22, 2016
What have you all found in your internet travels today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Do you follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]