Hold Tight Your Wallets, If Wallets You Hold Dear: The Steam Summer Sale is Upon Us
The time has come to wake and run, and not give way to fear.
Fill your wish lists, because Steam’s Summer Sale kicked off today, which means we’ll have eleven whole days of
winter sorely tempting cheap games and the promise of sweet, sweet Steam achievements for buying them. But lets get to the sales first.
Here are today’s Daily Deals, which if precedent holds true, will remain at these prices through tomorrow.
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition 80% Off
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 80% Off
- Don’t Starve 75% Off
- Far Cry 3 75% Off
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown 75% Off
- Democracy 3 66% Off
- Dead Rising 3 (pre-purchase) 25% Off
- Divinity: Original Sin 20% Off
- DayZ Alpha 15% off
Here’s the current flash sale, which will remain in effect until roughly 9:45 pm EST tonight.
- Dead Island Riptide 75% Off
- DmC: Devil May Cry 75% Off
- Hotline Miami 85% Off
- Mirror’s Edge 75% Off
And for users who log in, the first Community Choice vote of the sale is just kicking off. This year instead of voting on a specific game, Steam users are choosing between two groups of games, separated by genre. Once voting finishes around 9:45 tonight, the more popular set will go up for sale.
So that’s it for the games of the Steam Summer Sale at the moment, but what about the Meta-game? This year’s is full of everything guaranteed to wet a gamer’s whistle: team competition, trading cards, badges, in-game rewards, and the chance to win free games from your wish list. I won’t tell you which team I was randomly assigned to, but I think I can say that it’s obvious that Team Purple is going to beat everybody’s butts.
So go forth, my fellow gamers. Choose wisely, according to that most venerable of documents, the Steam Sale Flowchart. And seriously, pick up Mirror’s Edge, Faith kicks butt and it’s only $5.
- Valkyrie Needs Food Badly: New Gauntlet Video Game On The Way [TRAILER]
- Watch the Very First Steam Controller Demonstration [Video]
- Valve Makes the Internet Go BOOM, Announces “Steam Family Sharing”
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com