Skyrim released only last week, and doesn’t yet have official modding tools, but that won’t stop the always impressive modding community — you know, those people that make professionally-made games better. From Skyrim Nexus user Mikanoshi, the mod gives Skyrim’s in-game map Google Earth zoom and Street View type functions. So, instead of staring at a largely static, zoomed-out map, one can gander at Bethesda’s breathtaking landscapes from various zoomed views. Luckily, the mod doesn’t even require an .exe, and can simply be implemented by changing a few lines of provided code in the Skyrim.ini, which can be seen after the break.
1. Open file C:UsersUSERNAMEDocumentsMy GamesSkyrimSkyrim.ini
2. Append the following lines (if there is no MapMenu section) or change existing values to match them:
3. When browsing ingame map: use WASD for slow scrolling and mouse for fast. Hold RMB to rotate camera. Zooming with mouse wheel.
Should any trouble arise with your mod, head on over to Mikanoshi’s instructions, which contain some troubleshooting steps.
(via Piki Geek)
- Along with Skyrim, Bethesda’s ambitions shine
- Skyrim trailer goes retro, parodies all the franchies you love
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com