Kickstarter has helped spawn some noble projects, not the least of which were a pair of enormous ten-story tall Tesla coils. However, comedian Eric Moneypenny has another idea. He’s planning to use Kickstarter to crowdsource enough money to buy Kickstarter. “I live with a simple dream,” writes Moneypenny. “A dream to own Kickstarter.”
Using the valuation from one of those online calculators, Moneypenny estimates that he’ll need $19 million to successfully purchase Kickstarter. Sadly, the project has yet to go live and as such cannot receive donations toward that goal. However, Moneypenny still has a hefty list of premiums to offer would-be backers.
$10 OR MORE
- I will give you a free Kickstarter account to launch your projects.
PLEDGE $100 OR MORE
- I will personally autograph your Kickstarter.
PLEDGE $2,000 OR MORE
- I will help fund your Web Series.
PLEDGE $5,000 OR MORE
- I will help make your indie movie. You deserve to be a star, and will probably go to a ton of festivals, where you will win many awards.
PLEDGE $10,000 OR MORE
- Pizza Party! With me, Eric Moneypenny, the new owner and CEO of Kickstarter.
I really hope that this project starts up at some point. Not because I have anything against Kickstarter; I am just really curious how many donations Moneypenny will receive.
- In which Google eats itself
- Coding video games inside video games
- You can play Minecraft in Minecraft
- Big egg has egg inside
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]