You Can Buy A Replica Of Disney’s Haunted Mansion On Ebay (Minus Most Of The Cool Stuff)
Who wants to go in on a time share with me? I get all of October.
Based on the attraction from Disneyland, The Magic Kingdom, and Tokyo Disneyland, the replica was built by designer, Mark Hurt. According to the listing:
Mark, a Disney Contractor and owner of the company Constructioneer, built this home in 1996 inspired by the Disneyland Haunted Mansion down to the finest of details. After knowing this was the community Hurt wanted to live in, he had the chance to build his home in the Garden District of the neighborhood. Well, after Mark was shown eight stock home designs by the architect, he didn’t want just any home, he wanted his to be different. Mark approached the architect about building a house modeled after the Disneyland Haunted Mansion since it fit with the New Orleans style homes in the neighborhood, and from there a spark had ignited.
So why would someone who put all the work into something so specific put it on the market? “Hurt is selling the home because he has moved on to an even more ambitious project, but hasn’t stopped designing and building unique Disney inspired buildings,” cites the listing. “Mark is working on his current project of a resort themed house modeled after Disney’s Grand Californian along with a replica of Walt Disney’s backyard barn and a pool that will be themed to the Jungle Cruise.”
Interested in buying? The replica isn’t tricked out like the Disney attraction but does have some great perks.
- Over 10,000 Square Feet (Closer to 11,000)
- 7 Bedrooms and 6 Bathrooms
- Two story Library with Gas Burning Fireplace & Separate Wet Bar
- Corian Counter Tops in Kitchen with Butler Pantry and Great room
- Professional Kitchen Equipment stays with a Vulcan Commercial Stove
- Wood Floors & Walk In Closets Throughout
- 1,100 Square Foot Cypress Wood Roof Deck
- Lower Trex Deck with top of the line 8 Person Hot Tub
- Magnificent Private Backyard with Wooded Conservation Land View
- Matching Custom Wood Children’s/Pet Play House
- 2nd Floor Front Terrace overlooking Neighborhood Park on Cul-de-Sac
- 3 Car Garage with 1200 amp Electrical Service & Distributed panel Electrical system
- Ready for Elevator in Central Stair Shaft
- Concrete Hardie Plank Siding and 2nd Floor Heat Pump
- Blown-in Insulation and Metal Roof
- 6″ Interior Walls around Lower Level and All Bathrooms to Reduce Sound
- Community Security, Pool and Recreation Center
There is one spooky thing about the house though. Hurt made one of the bathrooms haunted. When you turn on the faucet, the lights flicker, a ghoul appears in the mirror and a voice from the attraction comes through hidden speakers. Check out tons of pictures on the Ebay listing and watch this video for a short tour.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]