The Ella Chronicles: when your dog is so focused (or mediating – honestly she looks like she’s mediating) she doesn’t notice she’s wearing a hat and then the hat falls off and startled her … oh Ella… #contemporaryart #contemporaryartist #contemporarypainting #fineart #creative #oilpainting #goldenpuppy #goldenretriever #goldensofinstagram #goldenretrieversofinstagram #funnyvideos #landscapepainting
Art dog Ella Fitzgerald has an appreciation for art criticism. Her human, artist Julia Powell, says the golden retriever will “spend as much as two minutes in front of a canvas and then she’ll resume dog activities…She’ll look at the same canvas as much as five times during the day.” You can see more of Ella and Powell’s works here. (via Creators VICE)
- Those in need of a new lipstick can grab a tube from The Lipstick Lobby and support Planned Parenthood at the same time. (via email)
- Of course modern teenager Peter Parker is a vlogger. (via Daily Dot)
- NBC just shared a photograph that suggests Amelia Earhart might’ve survived her crash landing. Will we never know the truth behind this mystery?
- The internet is buzzing with news about Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna, and it feels like an appropriate time to remind the world that revenge porn is never, ever, ok. Wear Your Voice has a piece about how women who are currently, or have done sex work are often not given the same protections and unfairly treated.
- Collider reports that the new season of Luke Cage has added Mustafa Shakir (The Night Of) and Gabrielle Dennis (Insecure) to the cast as John McIver, a leader “focused on Harlem and vengeance” and Tilda Johnson, “a brilliant holistic doctor with a complicated history” respectively.
— Gabrielle Ruiz (@gabrielleruiz) July 5, 2017
#Ham4All is one of the best things to happen to the internet, and it feels like everyday a celebrity I adore is posting a video of them singing a Hamilton tune. Here’s Gabrielle Ruiz who I adore on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend performing Eliza’s “Burn.”
That’s it for what we saw today folks, what did you see today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org