Game of Thrones Season 2 Is Coming, Or So This Production Video Says
Winter Is Coming
The HBO television series Game of Thrones, based on the first book of George R. R. Martin’s epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire, was picked up for a second season just two days after the premiere episode. Much like the books, it feels like it’s taking forever for Season 2 to get here but thanks to the good folks at HBO, we finally have our first look at the current production. Hit the jump for a sneak peek at what’s to come. The video is spoiler free but I’ll be breaking down what we saw afterwards and that might include a few tidbits you may want to avoid.
A nice little preview of what’s to come right? Fans who haven’t read the book series will recognize the characters from Season 1 but those of us who’ve read Clash of Kings, the second book, will notice some very exciting additions to the cast.
- First up, we get a look at Stannis Baratheon, elder descendant of the late King Robert and his mystical advisor, Melisandre (the redhead). These are two very key figures in the second book and will have people very excited by their moves toward the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion! And Daenerys! Not in the same frame mind you.
- “You know nothing about growing a mustache, Jon Snow,” – Sam
- Aww, poor Arya. Hope the actress likes the feel of dirt.
- Catelyn Stark with I believe the Knight of Flowers, Loras Tyrell.
- Our first look at King Renly and his bride, Margaery Tyrell. I’m so excited to see Natalie Dormer (The Tudors) on another series.
- Theon Greyjoy speaking with someone who I’m assuming is Damphair Greyjoy, a priest of the Drowned God.
- Ugh, King Joffrey and his crossbow. I shall speak no more of him.
- The burning of the Gods. Ooooh!
- Daenerys with Ser Jorah. Sigh.
- I really love Renly’s crown. And I believe that’s Brienne just behind him. I can’t wait to see her in action.
- The Onion Knight! (don’t worry, that will make sense soon)
- Poor, poor Sansa. Her trials have only just begun.
And there you have it folks. What did you think of the preview? If you’re anything like me you’ve been aching for a taste of new Game of Thrones so this was a pleasant surprise. Thankfully I’ve kept my self satisfied by reading the books. Pretty soon we’ll all be saying, “April Is Coming.”
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]