These Two New Doctor Who Teaser Trailers Are Not Enough
Seriously, this is all we get?! And a poster?! Moffat!!
We’re only two months away from the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special “The Day of the Doctor,” and we still know virtually nothing about it. To aid in our epic frustration, the BBC has released two teaser trailers for the event – and I mean “teaser.” There’s basically nothing to them. I (as always) blame Moffat.
Don’t forget, the lucky attendees at the San Diego Comic Con Doctor Who panel got to see an IRL trailer, which the rest of the world has been denied. Grr.
Here’s what we do know about the 50th:
- It’s being simulcast worldwide on November 23rd
- It features David Tennant as Ten, Billie Piper as Rose, John Hurt as “The Doctor,” and Jemma Redgrave as UNIT’s Kate Stewart, Daleks, Zygons, and (somehow) Peter Davison
- John Hurt’s Doctor falls in the timeline between Paul McGann (Eight) and Christopher Eccleston (Nine)
- There will be a red sonic screwdriver and Bad Wolf returns
- This Neil Gaiman-penned Eleven/River minisode is much more satisfying
- So is this supercut of Doctor Whocharacters saying the name of the episode they’re in
- 50 couples are getting married for Doctor Who‘s 50th Anniversary!
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]