This shocking video from a Chinese airshow captures the heart-wrenching seconds before an FBC-1 “Flying Leopard” (Xian JH-7) nose dives straight into the ground. If you watch closely, you can see a pilot eject before the plane crashes. Chinese news sources are reporting that he is recovering, having suffered only mild injuries. However, the FBC-1 is a two-seater aircraft, and the second pilot is reported as “missing.”
This is the second crash of an FBC-1 since 2009.
- The F-22 was having problems of its own not too long ago
- Fun fact: the first “black boxes” recorded pilot’s on copper wire
- Black box recorders might soon find their way into cars
- Flying car or flying death trap? You decide
- J-20, the mysterious Chinese stealth jet
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org