Last night, CW’s Black Lightning premiered and not only was I watching, but it appears everyone decided to tune in and #GetLit. According to SyFy Wire, the results from viewership are “2.31 million total viewers and a very solid 0.8 demo rating, the network’s best series premiere in two years behind the launch of Legends of Tomorrow (3.2 million/1.2 demo rating).” In addition to the great ratings, the show has gotten pretty much universal critical praise and with a 13-episode-run, there is hopefully very little chance of the series going through a slump the way some of the 22-episode shows get. Regardless, I’m in it for the long haul and am excited to see what the universe continues to show us, especially when it comes to Anissa and Jennifer.
- For those people who watched The Shannara Chronicles, it has unfortunately been canceled. So for all of us looking to gawk at the physical perfection of Manu Bennett, looks like it is back to Spartacus reruns. (via CBR)
- Party Game where you have to do a nerdy presentation after drinking? Sounds like my kind of party. My index cards on the mortality of characters in Harry Potter are prepped and ready. (via Buzzfeed)
- Have you charted all of the jumps from Quantum Leap? Well no worries, someone has finally done it so you don’t have to. (via AV Club)
- There is a new show called Brujas in the works about Afro-Latina witches and I am already waiting for casting news. Instead of working on a Charmed reboot, let’s go in this direction. (via People)
- Apparently a Sister, Sister reboot is going to be happening. The news was confirmed by Jackeé Henry in an appearance on Steve Harvey’s talk show this Tuesday. Well…you know if Full House can do it. (via Jezebel)
Have you watched the Black Lightning premiere yet? What did you think? And if not what are you waiting for?
(image: The CW)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org