One Hundred and Sixty Six of the Movies That Came Out This Year, in One YouTube Compilation
Elsewhere on the internet
If there’s one thing I like about the end of the year, it’s this kind of thing. Hatinhand has strung six different snippets of music together with a couple hundred separate clips from movies released in 2011. Each tiny clip that I recognize reminds me of the whole experience of the movie, where I saw it, what company I was in, and usually the mindset I happened to be in at the time. It’s been a long, crazy year.
To find out what made it in, and what was left out, check below the cut.
It’s actually easier to say what wasn’t in this, so according to Hatinhand, here’s what didn’t make the cut:
There are a few omissions in this year-end anthology. Missing films include:
– Abduction, because fuck that movie.
– Jack & Jill, because fuck that movie.
– Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked, Mars Needs Moms, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Bucky Larson, Atlas Shrugged: Part I, and I Don’t Know How She Does It, for similar reasons.
– Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, Glee: The 3D Concert Movie, and The Human Centipede 2, because I edited this in a public place and people would’ve looked at me funny.
– No Strings Attached, because the video had this weird green line at the bottom and I didn’t care for it.
– Win Win, The Sitter, and The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, because I found nothing visually striking in their trailers.
– Arthur Christmas, Jumping the Broom, Something Borrowed, and Gnomeo and Juliet, because I was struck by an incredible apathy towards all of them.
Now here’s what is in the vid:
Not bad, but frankly, I can’t wait to see next years.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com