Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: The Lannisters as the Addams Family
by Alanna Bennett | 5:30 pm, August 19th, 2012
So what if the Lannister family of Game of Thrones had their own sitcom? It’d probably still be pretty messed up. We’d tune in. (io9)
- Are you a grown person who still really loves Matilda? Good, us too. If you’d like to dress in Matilda-inspired outfits, The Frisky has some tips. (The Frisky)
- Here’s a really short trailer for Doctor Who‘s “Asylum of the Daleks.” (Bleeding Cool)
We’re suckers for geeky jewelry. These superhero-inspired pieces are no exception. (Fashionably Geek)
- Some French theaters have come up with a new tactic to keep trailer-filled spoilers at bay. (Blastr)
- How do top-ten lists of the greatest movies of all time change when you ask critics versus when you ask a group of professional geeks? (Neatorama)
- Pussy Riot have made voiced some remarks about what happened to them. Read the whole thing at N Plus One (n+1):
“In our performance we dared, without the Patriarch’s blessing, to unite the visual imagery of Orthodox culture with that of protest culture, thus suggesting that Orthodox culture belongs not only to the Russian Orthodox Church, the Patriarch, and Putin, but that it could also ally itself with civic rebellion and the spirit of protest in Russia.”
- RIP Kavna, the beluga from “Baby Beluga.” (Mental Floss)
- “Nimtopsical.” This and other awesome old-timey slang terms to describe being drunk, over at Mental Floss.