Because teenagerdom is a mess, but some people handle it better than others.
Things We Saw Today: Lady Gotham
by Jill Pantozzi | 4:57 pm, November 4th, 2011
There’ve been times I’ve seen work from creators and say to myself immediately, “This needs to be in continuity at DC/Marvel.” This is one of those times. Ming Doyle created a comic titled, “Lady Gotham,” straight out of art school. It features Batman’s mom, Martha Wayne, and although Doyle laments doing things differently we still want to see this get picked up by DC Comics. Especially since she also explains her love for Batman: The Animated Series. Hit the jump for all kinds of other stuff we saw today…
- Speaking of B:TASS, Chris Sims tells us Why The Batman: The Animated Series Opening Is The Best Thing Ever over at Comics Alliance.
- An anonymous author writes a very personal experience of eating disorders and how geeks can get them too. (via Jezebel)
- And over at CNN Geek Out, how the art of cosplay is the art of not getting hit on.
The Charlie Brown Christmas Special is probably going to air in the middle of November so I don’t so feel bad sharing this mashup of the Peanuts classic with Doctor Who. (via Buzzfeed)
- Look, sometimes Batman gets a flat on his Lamborghini and needs to call roadside assistance ok?
- Simon Kinberg is writing the sequel to X-Men: First Class. The McFassy shippers are already hyperventilating.
- In other movie news, the guy who wrote the Smurfs movie is going to write a Popeye movie. (via Deadline)
A Star Wars take on the famous “Lunch atop a Skyscraper” photograph by Charles C. Ebbets during construction of the RCA/GE Building in New York City with some adorable Lego Storm Troopers. (via That’s Nerdalicious!)
- And here’s 15 movie scenes recreated with Legos. (via Geekologie)
- Do you need a pair of gummy bear earrings? The answer is yes.
- The Hair Pin interviewed Merrill Markoe, comedy writer of such hits as Laugh-In, Newhart, Moonlighting, Sex and the City and Late Night With David Letterman, about the state of comedy and her new book.
- 10 Hair-Raising Facts Learned From 'Tangled'
- 5 Movies That Ended Up Being Totally Different Than We Expected
- 5 Actors Who Play the Same Role in Every Movie
- Where Are They Now: Jill From Home Improvement