Things We Saw Today: It’s David Tennant’s Birthday
by Susana Polo | 5:01 pm, April 18th, 2012
Today is David Tennant‘s birthday! We gave Cardboard David Tennant a hat that someone sent us, but he doesn’t seem too thrilled. I guess after 900, all the birthdays start to feel the same.
- Would you like to be DC’s new Vice President of Publicity? Well, they have an opening. (The Beat)
- Lets play Madlibs: this commercial for a _________ (heavy duty household cleaner) makes really unsubtle allusions to _________ (a sex act involving at least three people). (The Frisky)
Designyoutrust shares a terrible secret.
- Ok, so apparently Marvel is finally making good on their promises of a Hulk show, with the animated Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. getting off the ground. And who’s it getting off the ground with? Eliza Dushku voicing She-Hulk, that’s who! That’s right: Eliza Dushku is Jennifer Walters is Shulkie, Bruce Banner’s cousin given gamma ray powers via medically necessary blood transfusion, but only after she’d graduated valedictorian of her law school class. Legal representative to the superhero world and a card carrying member of the Avengers, the Defenders, and once the Fantastic Four. (MTV Splash Page)
- Amy Kuperinsky examines the trend of sexposition (that’s a semantic combination of sex exposition) in television. (NJ.com)
H.P. Lovecraft (or some eldritch impersonator) gives relationship advice. (Bygone Bureau)
- Author Mur Lafferty meditates on raising her daughter.
- Meanwhile, GeekFeminism has an open thread on nurturing a love of science in young kids.
Interesting .tumblr of the day: Today, Superman turned exactly seventy-four, and The Chronological Superman is going to be blogging his nearly seventy five year old fictional adventures in real time starting today. Comics history nerds, enjoy.