It’s October 28th already, and you don’t have a Halloween costume. But worry not, because we’ve got your back.
Things We Saw Today: The Mermaid Avengers
by Jill Pantozzi | 5:00 pm, June 25th, 2013
Or The Mer-vengers, if you prefer. A friend of mine invited me to take part in the Coney Island Mermaid Parade for the very first time and with an Avengers theme, I really couldn’t say no. (via The Bird and the Bat)
- Wisconsin Newspaper Censors The Word ‘Vagina’ From “Vagina Monologues” Ad. (via The Frisky)
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer was the victim of some really terrible sexual harassment at a work function recently. “I have 2,000 shares. I’m Greek and I’m a dirty old man, and you look attractive,” said one shareholder, before getting to his actual question about dividends. And guess what? No one spoke up to say it was unacceptable behavior. (via Mashable)
This Millennium Falcon mirror would look mighty fine on my wall. Just sayin. (via Neatorama)
- The Walking Dead will be celebrating its 10th anniversary at San Diego Comic-Con. Find out more at Hero Complex.
- H&M’s Bribing Shoppers To Go Green (via The Frisky)
This is a fabulous crocheted Star Trek uniform. (via Fashionably Geek)
- Gene Roddenberry’s ashes are going to deep space along with those of his late wife, Majel Barrett Roddenberry! (via The Hollywood Reporter)
- We were sad to hear yesterday, sci-fi author Richard Matheson had passed away at the age of 87. (via io9)