Things We Saw Today: Adam Scott Steps Into William Shatner’s Shoes And I’m Yelling About It
I love Ben Wyatt. I love sci-fi. I love making fun of William Shatner. So imagine my Friday delight when it was announced that Adam Scott would be playing a role in the rebooted Twilight Zone episode “Nightmare at 30,000 Feet,” no doubt a reference to the oft-parodied Shatner led episode “Nightmare at 20,000 Feet,” I was ecstatic. Namely because now Ben Wyatt is one step closer to filling Captain Kirk’s boots.
Scott is one of my favorite comedic actors, and outside of Friends With Kids, I haven’t seen him do anything particularly dramatic. However, a standalone episode of the new Twilight Zone would be a perfect way to showcase his dramatic chops while still leaning into his comedic talents. It’s no doubt that they’ll play up some of the more meme-worthy elements of the original while still giving it a spooky spin.
So what will Scott see on the wing of the plane? Li’l Sebastian? Eleanor Shellstrop? A life-sized replica of the Iron Throne? Will he deliver an even more meme-worthy performance than the Shat? We can only hope, but if you weren’t hyped for the show already, you definitely should be now.
(via io9; Image; NBC)
- Check out this awesome video of female cosplayers at NYCC (via SyFy Fangrrls)
- Petr Knava is tired of white guys in biopics, so he gave us a list of new people to make movies about (via Pajiba)
- Female critics of color are still treated worse than their male counterparts (via NowToronto)
- Is this Star Wars leak real, and are we getting a creepy scene with Kylo Ren and Darth Vader? (via Esquire)
- Some poor soul is carving pumpkins to look like the leads of the movie Tag, for reasons I guess (via Vulture)
Happy Friday, dear Suevians!
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]