Disney has decided to remake pretty much all of their hit animated films as live action movies. While we wonder about some—Guy Ritchie’s Aladdin? Really?—we’ve been pretty jazzed about The Lion King’s prospects, and now the new warthog/meerkat power couple has been cast, according to reports. Who’ll be singing Hakuna Matata?
Uproxx, which wins for the headline “A Screamer and A Stoner are Reportedly Playing Timon and Pumbaa,” cites sources that comedian Billy Eichner has been cast as Timon and Seth Rogen as Pumbaa. I have literally no reaction to this news, so tell me how to feel about it. I’m here for Donald Glover as Simba, James Earl Jones reprising Mufasa and rumors about Beyonce joining the cast. (via Uproxx)
- Scott Baio is a garbage person who said garbage things about the death of the Joanie to his Chachi, Erin Moran. Now he’s trying to walk it back but he’s really just pouring forth more toxic drivel. (via Variety)
- Finally some unabashedly awesome news:
— Dyskami Publishing (@dyskami) April 25, 2017
- You need more Sailor Moon, you say? Who doesn’t? Watch this Russian figure skater send up our favorite Scout—on ice! (via Teen Vogue)
- In Germany, the crowd at a conference booed, groaned, and hissed at Ivanka Trump as she defended her father’s track record on women. In short, the Mary Sue slack work chat, all day, every day. (via WaPo)
- In the magical lands of the United Kingdom, in a strange enchanted place called Top Shop, these clear plastic jeans can be yours for $100. Yeah, I don’t know why, either. First, they warmed us up with knee windows, and now this. I just don’t even know. (via BoingBoing)
Did you see anything tasty today?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com