Things We Saw Today: The X-Files Are Back (But Not in the Way You Might Think)
Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are set to reprise their roles as Dana Mulder and Fox Scully, just not on television. The beloved duo is lending their voices to a new audiobook titled X-Files: Cold Cases, based on the graphic novels by Joe Harris and Chris Carter.
Set after the last movie but just before the 2016 TV revival, the book will offer up some more backstory into why the agents have re-emerged after going into seclusion. After an unknown group gains access to unsolved investigations by the X-Files during a data breach at FBI quarters, the two are forced to take on a major conspiracy that involved not only their former department, but the U.S. government and forces unknown to this world as well.
The book is slated to hit Audible on July 18 and also features voices from Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, and Bruce Harwood. (via Gizmodo)
- Here’s your good deed of the day: Pope Francis just opened a free laundromat for Rome’s poor. (via CNN)
- Apparently, GMA is celebrating Star Wars’ 40th anniversary with a huge announcement tomorrow. (via Twitter)
- Curious about Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel? The actress explains what her version of the character will be like. (via Geeky Tyrant)
- Check this list of the 2017 Pulitzer Prize winners and see if your favorite won. (via Vulture)
- So Bryce Dallas Howard may or may not be interested in playing Poison Ivy. (via Blastr)
- Kerry Washington explains the importance of staying “woke” these days. (via Glamour)
That’s it on my end. What did you all find?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]