I am personally, deeply jealous over the bedroom decor that 10-year-old Emmie and her father Scott were able to put together. Check out all that pink Star Wars majesty! In an interview with StarWars.com, Scott said that starting with the bedding, which came first, “She used that and made the color palette for the room. From there she and I both started looking for items that worked with those colors. She found the prints online and I worked with the artist to get them on canvas,” Scott explains. “The Death Star was her idea, and I just made it and thought it needed to be big and the LED lighting and laser beam would help with the cool factor for the room. Most of the rest of the items were picked out by Emmie.”
Awesome work, Emmie! I salute you! (via Nerd Approved)
- Check out this awesome LEGO Apollo Saturn V moon rocket set. Appropriately enough, it has 1,969 pieces! (via Business Insider)
- Director J.D. Dillard’s Sleight could be Get Out for lovers of the superhero genre, and its star Jacob Latimore could be Hollywood’s next big leading man. Get to know him in this recent interview he did with The Hollywood Reporter.
- Nope, you weren’t seeing things! That was indeed Margaret Atwood doing a cameo as an Aunt in Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale. (via Twitter Moments)
- In completely shit-tastic news, Trump has appointed Charmaine Yoest, former head of Americans United for Life (an anti-choice organization), to the top communications role at the Department of Health and Human Services. (via The Guardian)
- Sadly, MTV has canceled Sweet/Viscious after its first season, ending a show that started some much needed dialogue around the topic of sexual assault on college campuses. (via The Hollywood Reporter)
That’s it from all of us here at TMS, kids. Have a great weekend, everyone!
(featured image: AM-STUDiO/Shutterstock)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]