Devin Graham, a videographer who specializes in extreme sports, recently posted a YouTube video titled “Jurassic Park Meets Parkour In Real Life.” In the video, two parkour practitioners–Ninja Nate, in an inflatable dino costume; and Calen Chan, playing the Chris Pratt character–act out a dino chase at Kualoa Ranch in Hawaii, where both Jurassic Park and Jurassic World were shot. (via CNET)
I really got the giggles from this one, but I do wish they’d given the female protagonist (Megan Graham) some more to do. Just because Jurassic World was pretty sexist, that doesn’t mean your parody has to be! They’re going to shoot a sequel based on user comments, so hopefully they’ll give her a bigger role there.
- This clever Schrodinger’s Cat plush by ThinkGeek is alive on one side and dead on the other. (via Laughing Squid)
- Did you buy anything at GameStop from mid-September to early February? According to both the web security blog KrebsOnSecurity and GameStop, there’s a possibility that your credit card information has been compromised. There’s no official word yet, but I’d recommend looking over your card statements for any suspicious purchases. (Via Kotaku)
- Mark Hamill keeps on burnin’ the Trump administration. He joked that Rogue One, screening on Air Force One, was just “Steve Bannon’s home movies.” (Via Hollywood Reporter)
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) April 8, 2017
- Journalist and SFF writer Laurie Penny proposed one of my new favorite name games:
Your post-apocalyptic survivalist name = your first partner’s petname for you + the last broken thing you fixed.
— Laurie Penny (@PennyRed) April 8, 2017
- The German-language trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 features a brief shot of a dancing baby Groot. (via io9)
(Featured image via screengrab of Devin Graham’s video)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]