John Boyega recently sat down with SYFY Wire to promote his upcoming film, Pacific Rim Uprising. As part of the interview, he was asked, “What would be scariest blown up to kaiju size: an Ewok, ET, a hamster, Gizmo from Gremlins, or a porg?” Boyega quickly answered, “Porg.” This wasn’t a huge surprise. He has previously described how the porg puppets made him feel “itchy” and weirded out on set. “I just naturally don’t like them,” he said back in December. “I don’t … There was, like, little Porgs all bunched together [on the Millennium Falcon], and then there were big ones. I got itchy … They had the puppets blinking and all that kind of stuff. I’m not into it.”
However, this time around he also had an entire, specific nightmare scenario to expound upon. “They eat everything. We’d literally look like little pieces of moving veggie. It’d be a bloodbath. But I’m sensing a Star Wars spin-off for you: The Porg Rises.” I honestly cannot do justice to Boyega’s porg impersonation, so you really do need to watch the interview. (via SYFY Wire)
- Avengers: Infinity War has broken a Fandango advance ticket sales record, which Black Panther previously broke and set. (via Polygon)
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Vanity Fair‘s Joanna Robinson has a great trio of selkie movie recommendations to help you celebrate.
— Joanna Robinson (@jowrotethis) March 17, 2018
- Jazmine Joyner over at /Film wrote a lovely piece about A Wrinkle in Time‘s celebration of femininity and the heroism of young women of color.
- There’s going to be another Leprechaun movie. (via Entertainment Weekly)
- Nerdist‘s Erika Ishii gives us the low-down on Pacific Rim Uprising‘s new Jaeger pilot, the self-taught engineer Amara Namani.
That’s all I found out there today, TMSers! What’d you see?
(Featured image: screengrab)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]