Things We Saw Today: Japanese Subway Levels Up Their Commute With Final Fantasy Victory Music
みなとみらい駅の発車メロディがFF仕様になった…。 元町方面は「勝利のファンファーレ」（のジングル部分）、横浜方面は「メインテーマ」（の冒頭部分）。キャンペーン中だと知らなかったので、今朝初めて聞いた時は下車した人の携帯のメール着信音が爆音で鳴ったのかと思った…。 pic.twitter.com/gOlO18p7iA
— OZAKI (@ozakikazuyuki) June 1, 2017
As a fun little addition to some people’s daily commutes, one Yokohama subway station has started playing Final Fantasy victory themes as trains leave the station. It’s not like you’ve heard the Final Fantasy 7 victory fanfare enough in your life, right? (via Kotaku)
- A bunch of folks are having fun with the “Floor Is Lava challenge,” where you tell a friend that the floor is lava, and they have five seconds to get the hell off the floor. It’s like, you know, when we were kids and did the same damn thing, only this time they do it for the ‘gram (or snap). (via The Daily Dot)
- More New Mutants news as Fox has announced that they’re bringing on Blu Hunt to play Danielle Moonstar. It cool to see that they’ve kept their promise to have a Native American play the character, who is Cheyenne, as Hunt is part-Native American. (via CBR)
- Platinum FMD, a design agency in Brazil, created a series of condom ads featuring one loud orange Cheeto and a North Korean dictator. “Some people shouldn’t have been born,” indeed. (via Boing Boing)
- Pottermore is still turning out some pretty great stuff, with the latest being this article about 35 things that Trevor the Toad must have thought during The Philosopher’s Stone.
Ok people, I just left the theater and KNOW for CERTAIN that the GODS have seen fit to BLESS us with #WONDERWOMAN. W.O.W. It is a superhero movie like none I have ever seen. Epic. FUN. Engaging. Stylistically Captivating. Funny in an honest, not-trying-too-hard way. Witty. Smart. Perfect length. Fierce. Sensual. Just amazing. #GalGodot will glue you to the screen and at the same time make you want to run to the nearest costume shop to get your W on and join the #GODESSNESS right away (W = #WomanWarriorOfTheWorld). Director #PattyJenkins IS NOT PLAYING AROUND, as she gives us some AMAZON REALNESS in an exquisitely directed story. Chris Pine is irresistable. The score is KILLER. And it is the type of film that I think you can enjoy over and over. This movie definitely goes down as a classic in its genre for me. @wonderwomanfilm #RunAndGoSeeIt #HadToGush #PromotionFromTheHeart.
Lupita Nyong’o is so excited for Wonder Woman. Let that excitement wash over you for a bit.
- Wonder Woman‘s first weekend box office take looks primed to overtake the current record opening for a female director, 50 Shades of Gray. (via Deadline)
- Finally, The Nib has a pretty neat look back at Wonder Woman, examining just what it is she has come to represent over her tenure as a superhero.
Have fun this weekend, y’all.
(featured image: Square-Enix)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—