Things We Saw Today: In New Infinity War TV Spot, All Okoye Wanted Was a Starbucks
The latest Infinity War TV spot that dropped today puts a huge focus on Wakanda: Bucky and Captain America reuniting there, as well as T’Challa getting his warriors primed for one of the biggest fights of their lives.
But I’ve gotta say that my favorite thing about the trailer is Okoye talking about what she thought Wakanda opening up to the world would be like. An Infinity War is not what she expected. What was she expecting? “The Olympics? Maybe even a Starbucks?” I don’t know why, but there’s something really squeeful to me about a brilliant, badass warrior like Okoye having basic tastes like a pumpkin spice latte.
Only 20 more days until Infinity War, people! Get ready! (via Polygon)
- At a recent Emmy “For Your Consideration” event, Ryan Murphy revealed details about the upcoming season of American Horror Story. (via Collider)
- There’s a likely reason why Joëlle Jones announced Catwoman as the next statue in her DC Cover Girls collection: it’s probably because she has a new, ongoing Catwoman solo title on which she’ll be performing both writing and art duties, with color by Laura Allred. This is gonna be good! (via The Beat)
- Facebook is just a hot mess these days. That’s what they get for being “surveillance capitalists.” (via The Guardian)
- Did you know that A Quiet Place was originally being considered as a new chapter in the Cloverfield franchise? That obviously ended up not happening, but with the movie opening to $19 million, it clearly didn’t need to. (via Nerdist)
- Khary Payton of the Teen Titans movie and The Walking Dead had a lot to say about both projects at C2E2. (via SyFy Wire)
What have you seen out there this weekend?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—