Things We Saw Today: GLOW Officially Renewed for Its Third Season!
Did you think we’d GLOW to Vegas without you? Let’s do this. 💪 #GLOWS3 pic.twitter.com/tZhWzOJGHu
— GLOW (@GlowNetflix) August 20, 2018
Gorgeous ladies, get ready! Netflix has officially renewed GLOW for a third season. (Some spoilers for season 2. If you haven’t watched it, skip ahead to the other links!)
The series’ second season packed a heavy emotional punch and ended with a shakeup, with the GLOW team heading to Las Vegas to continue as a live show after their #MeToo-related cancellation.
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS GOES INTO YOUR TELEVISION. SEASON 3 @GlowNetflix BABY!! #glownetflix https://t.co/A2rQ2PAuaf
— Betty Gilpin (@bettygilpin) August 20, 2018
Season two ended with Ruth (Alison Brie) telling Sam (Marc Maron) that she’s never been to Vegas. His reply was to tell her “You’re gonna hate it.” The show’s co-showrunners Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch have previously commented on that exchange, saying Vegas was chosen as the setting for season 3 it “not a purely optimistic place.”
As they described it, “it’s a place that makes us deeply, deeply uncomfortable and that was exciting for us to take the story, and the women, there to see what happens.”
I cannot wait to see what these women do to Vegas!
- While we’re on the subject, here’s a great piece from GLOW’s female bosses on the importance of a kid-friendly work environment. (via Variety)
- Spoilers in the link if you haven’t yet seen Crazy Rich Asians but if you have, take a minute and read this breakdown of the pivotal Mahjong scene. (via Vulture)
- A love letter to Celine Dion’s Instagram account. (via Go Fug Yourself)
- How is Les Moonves still working at CBS? (via HuffPost)
- Click through to read this beautiful thread on ageism and why it’s total BS. (And also why The West Wing’s Mrs. Landingham is still one of the greatest television characters of all time.)
In 1980, a psychiatric nurse at Chicago’s Michael Reese Hospital (and mother of two) divorced her husband in the midst of a particularly troubled married life and decided to pursue her lifelong dream of an acting career. She was 40.
— Charlotte Clymer🏳️🌈 (@cmclymer) August 19, 2018
- The differences between Donald Trump and Barack Obama’s recommended summer reading lists are … ugh. (via CNN)
- The Russo brothers just confirmed what we all already knew: Shuri is the smartest person in the Marvel universe. (via CBR)
- Do you have a favorite sea monster? Did they make this roundup? (via The Portalist)
What did you all see out there on this fine Monday?
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]