Things We Saw Today: Amber Heard and Her Hair Star in Aquaman Set Photo
— Amber Heard (@realamberheard) July 7, 2017
Actress Amber Heard shared a picture of break time on the set of the upcoming DCEU Aquaman, and I can’t stop staring at her glorious Mera mermaid-esque tresses.
Heard is pictured with Aquaman himself, Jason Momoa, and the movie’s director, James Wan (Saw, Furious 7). I am unabashedly psyched for this film and will happily devour every tidbit of info. Considering Wan’s background in directing both horror and action, I’m preparing for an Aquaman that could be as atmospheric and scary-intense as it is action-packed. Jason Momoa pretty much owns my soul and Heard, who is playing Mera, Queen of Atlantis, is sporting some incredible flame-red locks that look true to comic book Mera. GIVE ME THIS MOVIE PLS. (via movie.com)
- Very sad news: Joan Lee, Stan Lee’s wife of 69 years, has passed away at the age of 95. In the past, Stan Lee recounted how he met his wife, after he was supposed to take another girl on a date: “When I was young, there was one girl I drew; one body and face and hair. It was my idea of what a girl should be. The perfect woman. … So I went up to this place. Betty didn’t answer the door. But Joan answered, and she was the head model. I took one look at her—and she was the girl I had been drawing all my life. And then I heard the English accent. And I’m a nut for English accents! She said, ‘May I help you?’ And I took a look at her, and I think I said something crazy like, ‘I love you.’ I don’t remember exactly. But anyway, I took her to lunch. I never met Betty, the other girl. I think I proposed to [Joan] at lunch.” (via THR)
- The cast of Dear Evan Hansen was challenged to the Ham4All challenge, and boy did they respond. (via Twitter)
— Dear Evan Hansen (@DearEvanHansen) July 5, 2017
- Rogue One star Felicity Jones has signed on to an untitled film inspired by Swan Lake, but minus the ballet shoes. (Women and Hollywood)
- Netflix has already renewed Castlevania for a second season. (via Deadline)
- Meet Zeerek, Sesame Street‘s wonderful new bespectacled Afghan muppet. (via Twitter)
So what’d you see on this fine Friday, folks?
(I will now use any mention of Aquaman to post my favorite meme in the universe)
(images: DC Comics)
Want more stories like this? Become a subscriber and support the site!
—The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—