Things We Saw Today: This Catwoman Cosplay is Purr-fection
Insert other feline-related puns here.
This cosplay, inspired by the look of Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman in Batman Returns, is utterly fabulous. Model Violet Love is featured in a series of photos that certainly evoke the overall mood of the film. (via Fashionably Geek)
- Ursula K. LeGuin’s A Wizard of Earthsea will be getting a beautiful new edition courtesy of The Folio Society, which corrects a longstanding problem earlier editions had in portraying Ged as Caucasian on the cover artwork. (via io9)
- President Obama actually does a pretty good Grumpy Cat impression. (via The Daily Dot)
Maureen O’Hara, an actress who starred opposite John Wayne in many films and was known for being the Queen of Technicolor, her fabulous performances and fiery red hair, died today at the age of 95 in Boise, Idaho. (via Deadline)
- Law & Order: SVU‘s latest “ripped from the headlines” episode is going to be inspired by the Duggar family, and you can check out a sneak peek at the promo courtesy of NBC. (via Rawstory)
- Michael Giacchino, who you probably know from his scores for Lost, Jurassic World and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, has won Composer of the Year at the Soundtrack Awards. First off, I didn’t even know that was a thing, but if anyone deserves it it’s this musical genius. (via Variety)
- This fan made a real-life version of the hidden blade and rope launcher from Assassin’s Creed, and the results are darn impressive. (via Gizmodo)
What did you see today, cats and kittens?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]