Things We Saw Today: Grandmas Getting Disney Princess Makeovers
Buzzfeed gave several grandmothers a makeover in the style of the Disney princesses, all in heartwarming earnest. The older women talk about their experiences with Disney’s “princess” trope, and their excitement about embracing the high femme trappings of Cinderella, Snow White, and the rest of ’em. (via Neatorama)
- Supernatural fans! Would you like to see a convention devoted to celebrating the women of SPN? This Indiegogo campaign aims to do just that.
- Help TMS contributor Dr. Janina Scarlet research gendered marketing for toys, as well as the availability of various options, by filling out this survey (US residents only, please).
- We’re all scrounging for Halloween costume ideas, but the bar has already been set quite high by Rihanna’s Raphael cosplay from last year. (via Popsugar)
- In the spirit of Halloween, this strange and short French horror film called “Muffin” tells a story of unusual neighbors who’ve got a lock on ensuring their own privacy. It is in French, but there’s not much dialogue, and I’m pretty sure this story would be just as bizarre even if I did understand what few words get spoken.
- Rumor has it that Hayden Christensen may appear in the latter-day Star Wars films. Please, no. There’s just no need. (via Uproxx)
- There’s lots to celebrate when it comes to this year’s Emmy Awards, but unfortunately, diversity among late night TV nominations isn’t one of them. For example, apparently The Colbert Report had only one female writer out of a staff of 16. (via Buzzfeed)
What did you find on the internet today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—