Things We Saw Today: We’re Getting a Zendaya Barbie!
Let’s start of this TWS with some great news from Barbie. They’re creating a new doll modelled after Zendaya and her Oscar red carpet look, for which she rocked amazing dreads with a fancy dress. Just look at this sketch, straight from Barbie, which thanks Zendaya for “raising [her voice]!” Can’t wait to see the full product. (via EW)
- In other progressive news, have you heard that an Island of Dr. Moreau series is in the works and they’re hoping to make the title character a woman? Because that’s pretty darn rad. (via Deadline)
- On the rad TV news note, have you heard about the new cast member joining Transparent? (via THR)
Your next game of Solitaire might take a mutant turn with these X-Men playing cards made by artist Mark Eastwood. (via Nerdist)
- To keep with the superhero theme, did you see the deleted scene from The Flash pilot involving Aquaman? (via EW)
- Oh and speaking of that Arrow spinoff, looks like Stephen Amell has apologized for that Twitter controversy? (via Comic Book Resources)
Finally, let’s go to the movies! Looks like there’s a new 8 Bit Cinema and it’s dedicated to … Bueller? Bueller?
- Big congrats goes out to Brie Larson today. Not only did Room win the People’s Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival, but she’s pegged to play Billie Jean King in a new biopic. (via Variety)
That’s it, guys! I’m off to watch the Emmys. What did you see today?
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—
Do you follow The Mary Sue on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, & Google +?
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]