Things We Saw Today: It’s a Magical Caturday with Wizard Hats for Cats
Happy Caturday, everyone! In honour of the weekly holiday, please check out these wizard hats for cats that were brought to my attention by Fashionably Geek. I’m never sure how to feel about animals in costumes, but I love the idea of cats with magic powers and if this is one step in that direction, I love it.
- On a much more serious note, I also don’t know how to feel about the news that they are making a Jeepers Creepers 3. It’s not that I don’t love horror sequels (I so do!), but this one is directed by the original Jeepers Creepers director Victor Silva and he’s a convicted child molester. Glad that Birth.Movies.Death recognizes this in their piece [trigger warning for sexual assault, rape] when so many other outlets ignore it, or are ignorant to it. Also can we please boycott this film and other works by Silva?
- On a positive note again, looks like ABC is working on a new comedy featuring a diverse family. Sounds a bit like Fresh Off the Boat 2.0., but it’s cool they want to tell more new stories about characters from non-white backgrounds. (via THR)
Heaven knows you’re still into The Smiths, but have probably heard the original version of “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” too many times by now. Well, change things up with this 8-bit version from YouTube user just, Morrissey & The Smiths. Thanks for sharing, Laughing Squid.
- On the theme of change, shout-out to George Clooney and Sandra Bullock for encouraging Hollywood to rewrite male roles for women. That’s what happened when Bullock became attached to Clooney’s Our Brand is Crisis, which premiered at TIFF this week. (via EW)
- Also exciting? These awesomely feminist French cartoonists who launched a website to combat sexism in comics. (via The Beat)
Ever wondered what a horror movie version of Friends would be like? Well, WorldWideInterweb has cut together a trailer for the show that’s simply a Scream. Get it? Because Courteney Cox was in Scream as legendary journalist Gale Weathers? (via TheFW)
- Oh, and have you heard the rumor that they want Rebecca Ferguson for Captain Marvel? How do we feel about this?
- And in other rumor mill chatter, what’s this about Godzilla vs. King Kong?
What did you see today, TMS readers? Let us know below!
(image via Archie McPhee)
—Please make note of The Mary Sue’s general comment policy.—